1 - 2 Place Aviation Oxygen System (680 Liter)
The largest Basic oxygen system we offer, packing 22 plus hours of oxygen when combined with an Oxymizer cannula.
Ready for a long flight over the Rockies? Wishing you didn't have to fill your oxygen bottle as frequently? The E-Ox 680 Basic Oxygen System is the largest portable oxygen system we sell, offering more than 22 hours of oxygen service when combined with an Oxymizer cannula. At under 10 lbs and less than 5 inches in diameter, the E-Ox 680 Basic still keeps your system portable and is a great solution for fitting a large cylinder in a tight space. Even with 2 users, you can see 11.3 hours of oxygen service - more than enough for extended cross country flights. The adjustable regulator that's included with all of our E-Ox Basic systems is easy to operate and has half-liter increments from 0 to 4 Liters Per Minute (LPM). As always, we build the E-Ox 680 using medical grade components and it's designed for years of reliable use.
Get the Largest Capacity We Offer for Your Next Trip
When it comes to getting as much oxygen as you can carry, the E-Ox 680 makes it simple. The large, 24 ft3 capacity cylinder provides over 22 hours of oxygen when combined with an Oxymizer Cannula. Even with just a standard oxygen mask, the E-Ox 680 Basic offers 5.6 hours of oxygen at a continuous flow rate of 2 LPM. Despite it's large capacity, the E-Ox 680 Basic remains portable and it's slim cylinder dimensions make it ideal for squeezing in tight space, between passengers or hanging on the back of a seat. The primary difference between this and the E-Ox 640 Basic system is the cylinder dimensions. The E-Ox 680 has a slightly larger capacity but is also taller and slimmer than the E-Ox 640. This large capacity makes the 680 Basic a great system when you frequently travel at high altitudes or want to extend the time between tank fill-ups.
Easy to Use and Built to Last
The E-Ox 680 Basic oxygen system is designed with simplicity in mind. The included click-style regulator is uncomplicated and effortless to operate. With half-liter increments from 0 to 4 LPM, you can set the desired oxygen flow rate accurately and with just one hand. We use standard oxygen connections making hooking up existing equipment or the included accessories easy. And we don't cut corners on quality. We pride ourselves in our portable oxygen systems because we take the time to source the right parts that will stand up to the regular abuse we see aviation oxygen systems taking. Each cylinder is made from lightweight aluminum and the standard oxygen masks all include 3-channel "pinch resistant" tubing. The regulator is machined from aluminum and steel and is designed to prevent leaks. All of the components of the system are medical grade items.
Includes Everything You Need
There is no need to worry about purchasing additional accessories for this system, everything you need is included:
- 1 - 22.6 ft3 (approx 640 liter) Aluminum oxygen cylinder
- 1 - CGA540 fill valve with shutoff handwheel and pressure gauge
- 1 - adjustable, click style regulator with half-liter increments from 0-4 LPM
- All necessary tubing
- At least one standard oxygen mask*
*We always include at least one standard oxygen mask regardless of cannula or mask selection.
Upgrades and Options are Also Available
Each E-Ox Basic portable system can be configured in a number of different ways:
- Choose between 1 or 2 places to serve oxygen just to yourself or an additional passenger with a special "Y" adapter
- Select either basic oxygen masks (comes standard) or optional Oxymizer cannulas in either pendent or moustache style. Oxymizer cannulas can help you see a 4 fold improvement in oxygen use efficiency over a basic mask
- You can elect to have us pre-fill your cylinder with oxygen so that it is ready to fly as soon as it arrives at you door.
- Include a Respironics Go2 Pulse Oximeter to give you fast and accurate reading on your body's oxygen needs, helpful when setting oxygen flow rates.
We also carry a number of optional equipment you might consider when purchasing your oxygen system:
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors to warn you of engine exhaust leaks that could be filling your cabin with potentially lethal carbon monoxide.
- Pulse Oximeters which provide an objective assessment of your body's blood oxygen saturation, useful when determining the proper oxygen flow rate.
- Emergency Smoke Hoods to protect you and your passengers in the event of an in-flight fire
- Medical Supplies and Survival Gear to keep you prepared for the unexpected
Looking for a Multi-Passenger System with Greater Control?
If you are looking for a portable oxygen system that will accommodate up to 4 passengers and allows each user total control over their own flow rates, take a look at our E-Ox 680 Individual Flow Oxygen System. This system gives you the ability to quickly add or remove up to 4 users with quick-disconnect fittings and provides each user with their own adjustable flow meter for enhanced oxygen flowrate control.
For more information, be sure to read Dr. Brent Blue's in-depth article about emergency oxygen systems.
Cylinder Durations using the Oxymizer conserving cannula
Cylinder Durations using Standard Oxygen Mask
Recommended Oxygen Flow Rates for Given Altitude
** FAA regulations state flow rate should be 1 Liter Per Minute (LPM) for every 10,000ft ASL with a standard O2 mask. An Oxymizer cannula reduces this flow rate by 1/2. The flow rates below have been rounded UP to correspond to the increments available on our adjustable regulators.