1 - 2 Place Aviation Oxygen System (255 Liter)
8.4 hours of oxygen & less than 5lbs the 255 system is great for average-length cross country trips at altitude.
The E-Ox 255 Basic Portable Oxygen System is ideal for those pilots who fly occasional, average-length cross country trips at higher altitudes. Using an Oxyimzer cannula, the 255 system can provide up to 8.4 hours of oxygen. In it's basic configuration with a standard oxygen mask, the 255 system will supply 2 hours of oxygen at a continuous flow rate of 2 liters per minute (LPM). With a height of just 16 inches and a weight of under 5lbs, the E-Ox 255 won't take up precious room in the cockpit. The adjustable click-style regulator is simple to operate, even while keeping one hand on the yoke and is calibrated at half-liter increments from 0 to 4 LPM. All of this makes the 255 system a great solution for pilots looking to provide oxygen for 3-4 hour cross country trips (using the Oxymizer cannula) or as a "just in case" oxygen system for those times terrain or ATC pushes you into higher altitudes.
Small Yet Versatile
The capacity and size of the E-Ox 255 Basic Portable System makes this setup perfect for pilots who occasionally fly 4+ hour cross country trips at higher altitudes or for those looking to protect themselves from hypoxic impairment should they unexpectedly need to climb into high altitudes. When combined with an Oxymizer pendant or mustache style cannula, the E-Ox 255 can serve one person oxygen for up to 8.4 hours on a single tank. Even in it's standard configuration the 255 can still provide 2 hours of oxygen with just a regular oxygen mask and a continous flow of 2 liters per minute (LPM). Despite these longer service times, the 255 is only 16 inches tall with the regulator attached, 4.4 inches in diameter and under 5 lbs in weight. All of these characteristics make the E-Ox 255 capable of providing you oxygen in many different situations. Use it as a backup to your primary system or carry it ready to go in case terrain or ATC directives have you climbing into high altitudes. You won't use up precious cockpit space with a bulky cylinder. Add an optional Oxymizer cannula and you can use the 255 system on most average-length cross country trips.
Uncomplicated to Use
Portable oxygen systems for aircraft don't have to be cumbersome and complicated to use. To achieve a desired flowrate on the E-Ox 255 simply set the regulator to the Liters Per Minute you desire and that's it. It only takes a click of the adjustment wheel to increase or decrease the flow. The regulator can be attached to the fill valve by hand and does not require a wrench to prevent leaks from occurring. The CGA540 fill valve is a standard connection, easily filled at many FBOs. The fill valve also includes an easy to read pressure gauge and a shutoff valve.
Made to Last
We source all the parts for our oxygen systems ourselves from manufacturers of medical grade oxygen components and assemble them ourselves in our warehouse. We use metal hose connections rather than plastic that can crack and leak over time. Our regulators are small, easy to use and are built using high strength aluminum and stainless steel. All of our oxygen systems are specifically designed to limit potential leaks and to withstand heavy use for years to come. Even so, we price these systems very competitively: get the quality you need in an oxygen system without breaking the bank.
Everything You Need is Included
Each E-Ox 255 Basic Portable Oxygen System includes:
- 1 - 255 Liter oxygen cylinder
- 1 - CGA540 fill valve with shutoff handwheel and pressure gauge
- 1 - Adjustable, click-style regulator with 1/2 liter increments from 0.0 to 4.0 LPM
- All necessary tubing
- At least one standard oxygen mask*
*We include at least one standard oxygen mask regardless of cannula or mask selection
Upgrades and Options are Also Available
Each E-Ox Basic portable system can be configured in a number of different ways:
- Choose between 1 or 2 places to serve oxygen just to yourself or an additional passenger with a special "Y" adapter
- Select either basic oxygen masks (comes standard) or optional Oxymizer cannulas in either pendent or mustache style. Oxymizer cannulas can help you see a 4 fold improvement in oxygen use efficiency over a basic mask
- You can elect to have us pre-fill your cylinder with oxygen so that it is ready to fly as soon as it arrives at you door.
- Elect to included a 9590 Pulse Oximeter with your system for fast and accurate assessment of your blood oxygen level - great for setting flow rates.
We also carry a number of optional equipment you might consider when purchasing your oxygen system:
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors to warn you of engine exhaust leaks that could be filling your cabin with potentially fatal carbon monoxide
- Pulse Oximeters to give you an objective and fast assessment of your oxygen needs, a helpful tool to determine oxygen flow rates.
- Emergency Smoke Hoods to protect you and your passengers in the event of an in-flight fire
- Medical Supplies and Survival Gear to keep you prepared for the unexpected
As always, you can contact us at 888-362-7123 with any questions regarding this or any of our other products. We're here to help!
Cylinder Durations using the Oxymizer conserving cannula
Cylinder Durations using Standard Oxygen Mask
** FAA regulations state flow rate should be 1 Liter Per Minute (LPM) for every 10,000ft ASL with a standard O2 mask. An Oxymizer cannula reduces this flow rate by 1/2. The flow rates below have been rounded UP to correspond to the increments available on our adjustable regulators.
Recommended Oxygen Flow Rates for Given Altitude