1 -2 Place Aviation Oxygen System (425 Liter)
Combine the E-Ox 425 Portable Oxygen System with an Oxymizer cannula and you can get up to 14 hours of oxygen - ideal for who regularly fly shorter trips at high altitudes or to reduce the number of oxygen refills between uses. With a taller but slender cylinder size, the E-Ox 425 won't cramp already tight cockpits.
Whether you are taking an average cross country trip with a passenger or flying by yourself, the E-Ox 425 Basic Portable Oxygen System can fit your needs. The 15 cubic foot cylinder is big enough to handle a long solo cross country flight or a shorter one with a passenger. In it's standard configuration with a basic oxygen mask, the E-Ox 425 can provide 3.5 hours of oxygen to a single user. Add an optional Oxymizer cannula, and you can get 14 hours of oxygen with a single user or 7 hours with two - plenty of oxygen to carry you to 13,000 feet or more for that trip to Aspen, Colorado or Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The included adjustable regulator is easy to operate, even with only one hand. At under 2 feet tall and just over 6 lbs in weight, the E-Ox 425 Basic won't hog an entire backseat when in the cockpit yet will provide you with enough oxygen for trips a few hours in length at high altitudes. All of this makes the E-Ox 425 perfect for the pilot who flies in higher altitudes frequently but doesn't want the size or bulk of larger systems.
Get Hours of Oxygen Without Cramping Your Cockpit
If you are regularly taking short trips at higher altitudes and usually only have yourself and maybe one passenger who need oxygen, the E-Ox 425 Basic Portable Oxygen System is just what you need. With an Oxymizer cannula, you can see up to 14 hours of oxygen with the 425 system without the bulk and weight of bigger systems - perfect for already tight cockpits. Even with just a standard oxygen mask, the 425 Basic system will provide a single user with 3.5 hours of oxygen. Measuring 21.4 inches tall (with regulator attached) and 4.4 inches in diameter, the E-Ox 425 will fit comfortably in many cockpits.
Simple to Use and Made to Last
The E-Ox 425 is about as simple as it gets yet is doesn't disappoint in durability. The click-style adjustable regulator is easily operated with even just one hand and attaches directly to the cylinder itself. It is manufactured to withstand the abuses of frequent use and designed to prevent leaks even when handled roughly. The regulator is adjustable in half-liter increments from 0 to 4 liters per minute (LPM), more than enough to provide you with the necessary oxygen at almost any altitude. The cylinder itself is aluminum and can take a beating but still remains lightweight. We intentionally keep a low stock in inventory to make sure each customer gets as new a cylinder as possible. Each standard mask includes a 3-channel "pinch resistant" tubing and all of the components of the system - masks, cannulas, regulator, tubing, and the cylinder - are all medical grade components that are made to last.
Everything You Need is Included
There's no need to buy any additional accessories to get started with the E-Ox 425 basic aviation oxygen system. Each E-Ox 425 includes:
- 1 - 15 ft3 (approx 425 liter) aluminum oxygen cylinder
- 1 - CGA540 fill valve with shutoff handwheel and pressure gauge
- 1 - Adjustable, click-style regulator with 1/2 liter increments from 0.0 to 4.0 LPM
- All necessary tubing
- At least one standard oxygen mask*
*We always include at least one standard oxygen mask regardless of cannula or mask selection
Upgrades and Options are Also Available
Each E-Ox Basic portable system can be configured in a number of different ways:
- Choose between 1 or 2 places to serve oxygen just to yourself or an additional passenger with a special "Y" adapter
- Select either basic oxygen masks (comes standard) or optional Oxymizer cannulas in either pendent or mustache style. Oxymizer cannulas can help you see a 4 fold improvement in oxygen use efficiency over a basic mask
- You can elect to have us pre-fill your cylinder with oxygen so that it is ready to fly as soon as it arrives at you door.
- Have a Respironics Go2 Pulse Oximeter included to give you a fast and accurate assesment of you oxygen saturation - helpful for setting flow rates
We also carry a number of optional equipment you might consider when purchasing your oxygen system:
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors to warn you of engine exhaust leaks that could be leaking potentially fatal carbon monoxide into the cabin
- Pulse Oximeters to provide an objective assessment of you blood oxygen saturation - a helpful piece of information when determining oxygen flow rates.
- Emergency Smoke Hoods to protect you and your passengers in the event of an in-flight fire
- Medical Supplies and Survival Gear to keep you prepared for the unexpected
Looking for a Multi-Passenger System with Greater Control?
If you are looking for a portable oxygen system that will accommodate up to 4 passengers and allows each user total control over their own flowrates, take a look at our E-Ox 425 Individual Flow Oxygen System. This system gives you the ability to quickly add or remove up to 4 users with quick-disconnect fittings and provides each user with their own adjustable flowmeter for enhanced oxygen flowrate control.
For more information, be sure to read Dr. Brent Blue's in-depth article about emergency oxygen systems.
As always we're are here when you need us. Contact Us if you have any questions or comments
Cylinder Durations using the Oxymizer conserving cannula
Cylinder Durations using Standard Oxygen Mask
Recommended Oxygen Flow Rates for Given Altitude
** FAA regulations state flow rate should be 1 Liter Per Minute (LPM) for every 10,000ft ASL with a standard O2 mask. An Oxymizer cannula reduces this flow rate by 1/2. The flow rates below have been rounded UP to correspond to the increments available on our adjustable regulators.